Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Platelets!


All going as expected.

Platelets keep climbing — which is great, because it means the cladribine is working: they're first to recover. But everything else is down. Neutrophils now well into the danger zone at 0.4. In 2007, it took about 3 weeks for the neutrophils to come up to near normal again, but I'll be happy to get back above 0.5.

Could be heading for another transfusion next week, or even sooner, if hemoglobin gets below 8 again. Still, since yesterday afternoon I've felt remarkably normal. Slept until 7 AM both yesterday and today (first time in 6 weeks). That really helped, though the night sweats were bad last night. Been working, though not breaking any speed records.

Now, half past twelve, I'm slowing down and heading for a nap.

4 comments:

Veloute' said...

Don't ask me why my comment showed up as Veloute'as that is the name of my hand/body creme that I'm trying to make into a business. I logged in as me (skrichba@google.com) but it flipped! Go figure. Glad to read that you're home. Keep that positive attitude and I enjoyed reading your assessment of the personalities. Been there, through it though not on this level, and you have two choices, get frustrated that you have to repeat yourself constantly or be the teacher. Glad you are doing this. Stay well, heal yourself, and keep up the good fight!

Donna M said...

Good you are home! Much strength to you and yours. Much ove too.

John Carson said...

Great that the platelets are rising! Just keep away from germs, don't push yourself too hard, sleep lots, and build up your strength. The nasty hairy ones don't know what's hitting them!

Joel Howell said...

Glad the platelets are climbing.

Naps are good . . . . .

8*)

Joel